Discover Cayuga Lake Boat Tours
Cruising May 14 – October 23 on CAYUGA LAKE
Ithaca Farmers Market Boat Cruises are operated by Discover Cayuga Lake, a non-profit organization in Ithaca, which provides educational and recreational programs and cruises to enable appreciation of, and equitable access to, the Cayuga Lake watershed. Narrated eco-cruises are held on board the MV Teal, a comfortable, wooden-hulled vessel that can hold up to 80 passengers. DCL provides visitors with a glimpse into the human and natural history of the Finger Lakes and educates for a sustainable future in our beautiful Finger Lakes region. Food, farming, water, health, happiness – it’s all connected!
– One hour cruises at 11:00am, 12:30pm & 2:00pm (with some exceptions)
– One hour narrated cruises at 11:00am &12:30pm
– Lake Explorers Monitoring Cruise:(most) Sundays at 2pm (1.5 hours or slightly longer). This cruise is distinctly different from our narrated cruises. Our goal is to encourage local residents, and anyone interested in lake ecology, to experience Cayuga Lake and participate in citizen science efforts on board the Teal. Activities vary weekly. This cruise is free to ensure accessibility for all, though we appreciate donations. Details and advance registration (not required but recommended) are available here.
– $25/adult, $10/child, ages 3 – 16. Free for 2 and under. (Does not apply to the “Lake Explorers” cruise program.)
– Pay upon boarding via credit card or cash.
– Please head to the Farmer’s Market Dock 15 minutes ahead of time to board the boat. (Look for boarding information at the dock entrance.)
- Guests may enjoy food and drinks purchased at the Market on board.
- Covid Protocols will be in place in accordance with the latest news and regulations.
- Covered seating options are available.
- Teal is a Coast Guard inspected commercial vessel. Lifejackets are not required to be worn, but are available for adults and children of all ages.
DISCOVER CAYUGA LAKE cruises throughout the week from their home port at Allan H. Treman Marina State Park, just across the Cayuga Inlet from the Ithaca Farmers Market. Cruises include casual, narrated sunset tours, informative, family friendly eco-tours, donation supported community events, and private charters. They work closely with schools and community organizations to provide low-cost “Trout in the Classroom” and “Floating Classroom” programs and internships for over 2000 students every year. Your fares support their mission!
To learn more please visit: www.discovercayugalake.org