Cruising June 12 – October on CAYUGA LAKE
Discover Cayuga Lake Boat Tours & Cruises
Ithaca Farmers Market Boat Cruises are operated by Discover Cayuga Lake, a non-profit organization in Ithaca, which provides educational and recreational programs and cruises to enable appreciation of, and equitable access to, the Cayuga Lake watershed. Narrated eco-cruises are held on board the MV Teal, a comfortable, wooden-hulled vessel that can hold up to 80 passengers. DCL provides visitors with a glimpse into the human and natural history of the Finger Lakes and educates for a sustainable future in our beautiful Finger Lakes region. Food, farming, water, health, happiness – it’s all connected
Saturdays: One hour cruises at 11:00am, 12:30pm & 2:00pm (with some exceptions).
Sundays: One hour narrated cruises at 11:00am &12:30pm
NEW for FALL: “Lake Explorers” cruise, 2pm to 3:30pm (or slightly longer). This cruise is distinctly different from our narrated cruises. Our goal is specifically to encourage local residents, and anyone interested in lake ecology, to get onto Cayuga Lake and participate in citizen science efforts onboard Teal. Activities vary weekly. This cruise is free to ensure accessibility for all (donations accepted). Details and advance registration (not required but recommended) are available here.
Fare: $25/adult, $10/child, ages 3 – 16; Free for 2 and under. (Does not apply to the “Lake Explorers” cruise program.)
Pay upon boarding via credit card or cash.
- Guests may enjoy food and drinks purchased at the Market on board.
- Covid Protocols are in place. We are operating at reduced capacity and asking all passengers to have and use masks when they cannot distance. Unvaccinated passengers MUST wear a mask at all times.
- Covered seating options available.
- Teal is a Coast Guard inspected commercial vessel. Lifejackets are not required to be worn, but are available for adults and children of all ages.
- Please head to the Farmer’s Market Dock 15 minutes ahead of time to board the boat! (Look for boarding information at the dock entrance!)
DISCOVER CAYUGA LAKE cruises throughout the week from their home port at Allan H. Treman Marina State Park, just across the Cayuga Inlet from the Ithaca Farmer’s Market. Cruise programs range from casual sunset tours to donation supported community events. They also work closely with schools and community organizations to provide low-cost “Trout in the Classroom” and “Floating Classroom” programs and internships for over 2000 students every year.