Board of Directors & Staff
Board of Directors
The Ithaca Farmers Market is seeking a people-oriented market manager for a part-time, year-round position. The Market Manager (MM) is primarily responsible for daily operations of the market weekly and annual basis and to the mission, values, and guidelines of the IFM. The MM must be available for markets on Saturday and Sunday and a variety of weekdays, averaging approximately 25 hours during the peak market season and 10 hours during the winter months.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Saturday, February 15th at 5 pm.
(Current market vendors and their immediate family members are not eligible for this position.)
OPEN OPPORTUNITY: Market Manager
Job Description and Duties
The Market Manager (MM) is primarily responsible for running the market on a weekly and annual basis. The MM is responsible to the mission, values, and guidelines of the IFM, is supervised and reports to the Executive Director.
This is a part-time, year-round, non-exempt position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Market Day Duties:
- Inducting new vendors and holding lotteries to place vendors in specific stalls on a weekly and yearly basis.
- Overseeing the collection and tallying of selling fees.
- Enforce rules and guidelines and create harmony within the organization.
- In cooperation with the Office Assistant, maintain daily financial records and reconciliations.
- Make bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Interacting with vendors, customers, and the public.
- Maintaining orderly and sanitary facilities.
- Coordinating with emergency personnel on market days and performing minor first aid when appropriate and necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing the organization’s work hour program and ensuring tasks in need of completion are covered by market vendors or other appropriate labor or contracting services.
- In cooperation with the Executive Director, responsible for the hiring and monitoring of contracted labor such as plumbers and electricians in order to maintain market pavilion and address buildings & grounds issues.
- Coordinating with Buildings & Grounds committee and other relevant vendors in order to maintain the market site at Steamboat Landing.
- Coordinating two annual vendor work days each year, one in spring, on in fall.
- With help from the Office Assistant, keep the market’s computer database complete, updated and organized.
- Conduct periodic customer counts each market day to assess the level of growth in market usage.
- Enroll market and market farmers in the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP).
- Manage the EBT and Fresh Connect programs, including coordinating volunteers to implement programming at weekday markets
- Complete a statement of accomplishments for the current year, and goals for the coming year, to be provided to supervisor for purposes of annual evaluation and possible compensation adjustment.
- Carrying out other duties as requested.