Come work with us at Ithaca Farmers Market!
We currently have several positions available: Parking Attendants/Supervisor and Operations Manager. Please continue reading to learn more about each job.
The Ithaca Farmers Market seeks parking attendants and a parking attendant supervisor to manage the flow of traffic within the parking lot. An ability to stand for long periods in rain or shine is necessary. Other requirements include: a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and work in a team, and punctuality and reliability. Training provided. The parking attendant supervisor will oversee the parking attendants, make station assignments and ensure the general safety of staff and customers. Supervisor training will also be provided.
Start Date: May 27th
End Date: October 1st, with potential for extension
Attendant Shifts ($15.37/hour)
Applicants may apply to work one or both days.
Parking Manager ($17/hour)
Sat 8:15 – 1:45 -and – Sun 9:15-1:45
Please reply with a short paragraph describing your interest and a resume if available.
Reports to Board President
Salary Range: 50-60k
The operations manager is responsible for market management and acts as a liaison between all stakeholders (vendors, members, board, community partners). The Operations Manager is responsible for developing programming that supports the IFM mission. This inward facing position requires attendance at 80% of pavilion and all satellite markets. The operations manager should be able to work collaboratively with the organizational manager to meet the overall goals for the Market.
Additional responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Working with committees to support and train new vendors
- Ensuring market’s enrollment in nutrition incentive programs and promoting participation to all vendors
- Ensure timely reimbursement for all nutrition incentive programs
- Advertise SNAP and engage in community outreach around food access
- Recruit, train and supervise temporary staff in the summer
- Manage weekday markets (Tuesday, Wednesday, etc)
- Manage daily booth assignments on Friday mornings, conduct daily booth lotteries at market and assist with yearly booth auctions
- Coordinate with Building and grounds committee and supervise Facilities Coordinator to maintain pavilion and ensure compliance with local and state guidelines
- Collaborate with Vendor relations committee to help build a friendly and cooperative market culture
- Participate in sustainability committee meetings to ensure alignment of zero waste goals with market practices
- Set up and coordinate online market
- Manage vendor payouts for online market and nutrition incentive programs.
- Respond to vendor special requests – present to board
- Weekly vendor newsletter
- Make daily bank deposits – be on bank accounts
- Respond to farmers market emails and voicemails in the general mailboxes
- Build and develop community partnerships as it relates to market mission
- Coordinate member clean-up days
- Collect annual renewal fees and send out annual renewal packets
- Develop new and better tracking and management systems
- Attend relevant trainings and professional development
Shared Responsibilities with Organizational Manager:
- Recruit and hire staff and volunteers
- Manage staff and volunteers
- Ensure IFM is pursuing its mission and supporting strategic visioning
- Develop annual and program budgets for approval by board
- Advocate for staff/staffing with the board
- Attend board & committee meetings
- Self-evaluation and reviews of seasonal staff and other hourly employees
- Support coordination of board committees
A complete application will include a cover letter describing your relevant experience and reasons for interest in the position, as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.