Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Ithaca Farmers Market. For nearly 50 years this market has been an integral part of the local community and the regional economy. The market is a self-governing cooperative that offers farmers, artisans, and chefs the opportunity to come together with townspeople and tourists in an exciting market atmosphere.
The Ithaca Farmers Market promotes local enterprise by providing and maintaining a viable market outlet for local family farms and self-employed artisans and chefs. IFM Membership is restricted to producers who live and create within a 30-mile radius of the Steamboat Landing Market Pavilion in the City of Ithaca, as determined by the Map link below. You must also grow, bake or make everything you sell.
Before applying, please take a minute to read through the following information:
- Membership is restricted to producers who live within a 30-mile radius of the Steamboat Landing Market Pavilion and who make or grow the items they sell. Use this link to ensure you are within the 30-mile radius by inputting the market pavilion’s address, 545 Third Street, Ithaca, NY, and fill out the radius option with 30 miles. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Read the Guidelines for Easy Entry Vendors
Vendor Application Process
To qualify as an Agriculture vendor:
- All items must be grown and processed by the producer/vendor on land within the official 30-mile radius of Ithaca.
- The farm must be rented or owned by the producer. Exceptions must be approved by the Agriculture Committee.
- An agriculture vendor may also sell items which are processed beyond cutting, drying, freezing, pressing, or packaging. These items are considered Enhanced agricultural products. These products have added ingredients not produced on your farm and may be cooked, smoked, cultured, canned, bottled or aged. All enhanced agricultural products are also considered food or craft and are subject to jurying by the appropriate committee.
See Ag Guidelines (below) for an in-depth description.
Agriculture Application Process:
- First Read the instructions and Ag Guidelines
- Then fill out and submit the following Ithaca Farmers Market Agriculture Online Application
Artisan Application Process:
- Read the artisan guidelines for detailed descriptions and other important information.
- If you wish to apply to become an artisan member at the Ithaca farmers market you must first fill out this pre-application form.
- Once the Artisan Committee reviews your form you will be contacted with further information about the Ithaca Farmers Market Artisan application.
- Finally, you will need to fill out and file the New York State tax forms
To qualify as an artisan vendor at the Ithaca Farmers’ Market:
- All artisan products must be of high-quality workmanship,
- All artisan products must be made by the artist living within 30 miles of the market pavilion.
- All artisan products must be designed and executed by the vendor within the official 30-mile radius of Ithaca.
- Commercial duplication printing and/or items assembled from kits may not be sold. Basic patterns may be used.
- Manufactured items may be incorporated in the craft work, such as jewelry findings, furniture hardware, and basic notions, provided the majority of the product is handmade and reflects the skill of the craftsperson.
Special Note: The food member moratorium that was in place during 2018 has been lifted.
To qualify as a food vendor all potential applicants must:
- Produce their product within the official 30-mile radius of Ithaca, in a licensed facility.
- Participate significantly (approximately 50%) in the hands-on preparation of their food product, and all foods the vendor sells must be made by that vendor.
- Agriculture vendors that process foods and do not grow 75% of the ingredients for those foods are considered a food vendor.
- Established businesses with one or more venues that collectively seat 19 or more patrons are not eligible for Market membership.
- See IFM Food Handbook (below) for more details.
Food Vendor Application Process: