Dear Ithaca Farmers Market Customers,
The safety and well being of our community is of the utmost importance and so we’d like to update you on the steps we are taking–and recommending to you–to maintain Ithaca Farmers Market as an important community resource in this time of uncertainty.
We are, and have been since the beginning of COVID-19, in contact with county health officials, and we will continue to follow their guidance.
Our winter market is currently operating as normal, though out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented the following best practices:
- All market staff processing credit/debit/snap transactions must wear protective gloves
- Reminder notices to farmers, artisans and chefs about proper food handling has been provided
- All market staff and vendors must stay home if they are sick
We also encourage you to protect yourselves, your fellow shoppers, and our vendors. Public health officials recommend:
- Thoroughly wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- If hand washing is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Please limit handling of produce or other market products before purchase
- Wash all produce thoroughly before using it
- Regularly wash your reusable produce bags
- If you are sick, stay home
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or into the crease of your elbow
For now, our market is open for business, and our vendors look forward to providing you with high-quality, nutritious local foods and products.
Becca Rimmel, Executive Director